[CWRP PSA] Future Changes and the direction of the server

Scott

As most of you who use Team Speak probably noticed SA+ had a long discussion on the future of the server. Some of these things include and updated and refined rule page; powers that Navy, Jedi and CG have along with the servers direction in terms of seriousness. There are plenty of things that will be announced over the month but for now I wanted to just inform you of one main important change within the server. It as been decided that the Named Lore Jedi, Executive Officer, Commander, Clone Commander, Master of the Order and Grand Master will no longer be roles that can be filled by Super Admin, Council or Sudo Root. These positions will be slowly transitioned to players over the next 2 months.

Anyone who currently holds these positions (@J-Shuggy, @Veridian-Phantom, @Valdyr , @Mercy , @Based and @Randy-Danger) will "step down". All super admins and above (and anyone who joins the team in the future) will have a senate character that acts as an advisory role automatically along with a personal role play character. The people setting down will have the chance to replace themselves with someone of their choosing.

We hope by moving high ranking members off of high ranking role play characters will let us better get involved with the community and be more approachable by people who are not just friends and our own battalion members. With these new roles staff can focus more on staffing and monitoring and helping the community.

The general idea of the senate role is to be around in an advisory capacity. That means that what is said doesn't necessarily have to be followed but it shouldn't be ignored. They will spend time with sectors of the ship and be there to get more information on what the community isn't liking or would want change while trying to keep some sense of role play while doing so. Any meetings that happened before (such as commander meetings) will still be ran by the same people in the form of the senate. Their other character will likely be something that still sticks with the battalion they are currently in but that's up for to them.

Post may be updated to reflect anything I missed so might be a good idea to check back tomorrow for changes. If you have any more questions then feel free to ask below.

If you want to see a couple of the managements views you can read page 2 and 3. If this does not work out after a reasonable "trial period" this can be reverted, as with anything that is tried on the server.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hate this already I understand with council due to us never seeing them but having randy as my commander and you taking that away from him and mercy when they care for the people in their battalion is the most stupid shit in the world I really hope this gets reverted real fast

I don't know what I feel about this, I never personally had a problem with SA+ leading a batallion and infact it meant people could get to know the management more as they would have a chance to RP with them. For example joining their battalion for a bit or talking to them in events.

They are players too and forcing them to "step down" isnt something I agree with. Maybe not clone cdr, grand master, admiral but they should atleast be allowed to take on roles of cdr just like any normal player is. I don't see why introducing them as "senate" will allow them to interact with people more when the majority of the time people only really talk to people IN their battalion. I personally, and I think others will agree, will have 0 reason to approach any 'senate' regarding much.

I support this completely! If admins spend less time commanding their troups/ Jedis ETC. It means more devoted attention to the Server i.e More events! +SUPPORT

Only council and super admin are getting demoted or moved down, Not all staff, And also most council or super admins dont do events. sooo. No more events

-Support, i just highly dont agree with this. they should have a choice. they run the server and they deserve the postilion. If they want to step down let them but i dont feel it should be forced... i dont agree....

Sounds like an interesting change... the part I'm a little uncomfortable with is that this suggests that anyone who is a 'higher rank' in staff now cannot be of high rank in a battalion. I feel like all of the current people named above i.e. Council, SA's etc. have been doing a great job so far. Very little or no complaints from what I heard. I'd much rather just keep it the way it is.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

p.s. I don't know what will make these people interact more with the community than actually having them being part of battalions as they are.

Guest Robb Stark

-Support, i just highly dont agree with this. they should have a choice. they run the server and they deserve the postilion. If they want to step down let them but i dont feel it should be forced... i dont agree....

I agree with you @Apollo_