8/12/2022 - Update

aStonedPenguin

15 minutes ago, aStonedPenguin said:

I didn't change the milk, I removed a way to bypass the previous milk update.

Sorry let me re-enhance that sentence, @aStonedPenguin, Why have you changed the current pvp meta with a durasticaly altering update, I feel as if this was unecessesary as to the point that you have given time for the very update you created to settle in for months now, just to change it in a swift moment to something that is going to take time to re-adapt too, Very uncool, you gotta remember that most of us pvpers, such as myself, have monkey brains and need a cruch to keep us alive in intense situations, especially in raids because u get defenders swarming you, especially if the raid is againts other competetive players, rather than making leeway for people to beam eachother in an instant maybe you should keep the previous meta in hand so ppl don't leave the server for ceratain reason's like constantly changing the pvp meta, like other's have done in the past.

that's just my opinion tho bro idk

Edited by Ice Cube.
  • Winner 1
  • Zing 1
  • Informative 1
  • Artistic 1

9 minutes ago, Ice Cube. said:

Sorry let me re-enhance that sentence

meta didn't change, people found a way to bypass the meta, the bypass was removed.

why are you complaining? you're banned for a month you haven't even tried what you're complaining about.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

41 minutes ago, aStonedPenguin said:

meta didn't change, people found a way to bypass the meta, the bypass was removed.

why are you complaining? you're banned for a month you haven't even tried what you complaining about.

your forgetting I was one of the testers of your "new meta" and all we even did was shitty 3v3's/4v4's which compared to actual scrims and gameplay isn't realistic at all, even then I thought it wasn't the best move and I still stick to that now, the bypass was the only thing that actually gave players a sense of hope to slimly get out of being tased and having 10 ppl rail you at once. I'm only complaining because I already know how this is gonna turn out people are just gonna start leaving if u keep giving out these useless updates or shit that don't even need to be added. 💀

Edit : 35 Minutes later and I'm still waiting on that response man. Almost like I left him speechless!!

Edited by Ice Cube.
  • Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

1 hour ago, Ice Cube. said:

the bypass was the only thing that actually gave players a sense of hope to slimly get out of being tased and having 10 ppl rail you at once.

I actually agree with ice cube here. PVP is now going to be 1 person taze > all others xm blast and your instantly dead. The ability for coffee to reset the timer gave people the ability to survive in fights, especially when overwhelmed by numbers. My recent pvp clip showed how having the ability to coffee let me survive for an extended period of time fighting a large group. People are just going to get dropped instantly and I personally just think that isn't the route pvp should be taken. It will be more about numbers then the "skill" rebuffing takes. Solo players and small groups received a massive nerf which is a shame. I'm not sure how but their has to be, in my opinion, at least some middle ground on this. 

Edited by Azure Vortex

10 minutes ago, Azure Vortex said:

I actually agree with ice cube here. PVP is now going to be 1 person taze > all others xm blast and your instantly dead. The ability for coffee to reset the timer gave people the ability to survive in fights, especially when overwhelmed by numbers. My recent pvp clip showed how having the ability to coffee let me survive for an extended period of time fighting a large group. People are just going to get dropped instantly and I personally just think that isn't the route pvp should be taken. It will be more about numbers then the "skill" rebuffing takes. Solo players and small groups received a massive nerf which is a shame. I'm not sure how but their has to be, in my opinion, at least some middle ground on this. 

This is exactly what I'm saying. I just hope Penguin isn't too ignorant to see that the tweak he made is going too durastically effect pvp and too a major point make it completely unfair, Like this is some bullshit bro, and I'm 90% sure that the players who actually have half a brain could see that the tweak penguin made for the coffee wasn't only dumb as shit and but now it's gonna be even more unfair for the newer players, like i'm being deadass when I say this I seen noobies in orgs like civil protection and voidmaster's able to rebuff out of the mundane shit that players do in pvp like being tased and xm'd by 7+ niggas specifically cause people are able to spam the milk with the assistance of coffee, like honestly i'm just gonna go off right here bro penguin what your doing with all these useless server updates and shit is fucking stupid please fix your server bruh, I used to look forward to logging into this server for the content and playerbase everyday but now it's just gonna be a finally fully dead shithole full of players who can't keep up with the new meta cause they don't have the aid of coffee to save them from getting railed by zergs and shit.

Shit aint right bro

Edited by Ice Cube.
  • Funny 1
  • Useful 1

Bruh y'all complaining about an exploit being patched like what? The healing drop-off was added for a reason. Call me crazy but being able to survive long-ass fights 1v10 by chugging milk the whole time is the one thing that Penguin hoped to stop.

• Winner 1
  • Dumb 3

15 minutes ago, Danny Reinheld said:

Bruh y'all complaining about an exploit being patched like what? The healing drop-off was added for a reason. Call me crazy but being able to survive long-ass fights 1v10 by chugging milk the whole time is the one thing that Penguin hoped to stop.

So you think a meta of numbers over "skill" is better? Penguin I seriously urge you to rethink this "fix" or come up with a middleground. I really do think ice is correct in the fact that people will stop playing because of this change. Again, this update was a giant nerf to solo and low number groups who will now be extremely likely to lose against superior numbers in fights. Not only are they at a disadvantage numbers wise, they now won't be able to compensate for it with having good rebuffing skill/mechanics because they will just get killed instantly.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Azure Vortex said:

PVP is now going to be 1 person taze > all others xm blast and your instantly dead. 

This was the only way to kill someone in the bath salt meta, I remember being in our voice calls and the second someone called "X is tazed" you ran over to X and blasted them with your XM. Meta was not fun, pls don't do it again. 

I don't agree with reverting the change because you found a bypass with the meta but I think a change in how milk works is necessary, or bringing in a viable alternative.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

I don't agree with reverting the change because you found a bypass with the meta but I think a change in how milk works is necessary, or bringing in a viable alternative.

Either gotta be this or bring the coffee shit back cause if a "cruch" ain't implemented we all getting 1 cycled and blah blah blah i aint re-explaining myself go look back at what me and and azure said

Edited by Ice Cube.
  • Agree 2

thanks papa

On 8/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, Ice Cube. said:

it's gonna be even more unfair for the newer players, like i'm being deadass when I say this I seen noobies in orgs like civil protection and voidmaster's able to rebuff out of the mundane shit that players do in pvp like being tased and xm'd by 7+ niggas specifically cause people are able to spam the milk with the assistance of coffee, like honestly i'm just gonna go off right here bro penguin what your doing with all these useless server updates and shit is fucking stupid please fix your server bruh, I used to look forward to logging into this server for the content and playerbase everyday but now it's just gonna be a finally fully dead shithole full of players who can't keep up with the new meta cause they don't have the aid of coffee to save them from getting railed by zergs and shit.

+support +rep bad gmod 😯😯😯

On 8/13/2022 at 2:54 AM, Ice Cube. said:

your forgetting I was one of the testers of your "new meta" and all we even did was shitty 3v3's/4v4's which compared to actual scrims and gameplay isn't realistic at all, even then I thought it wasn't the best move and I still stick to that now, the bypass was the only thing that actually gave players a sense of hope to slimly get out of being tased and having 10 ppl rail you at once. I'm only complaining because I already know how this is gonna turn out people are just gonna start leaving if u keep giving out these useless updates or shit that don't even need to be added. 💀

Edit : 35 Minutes later and I'm still waiting on that response man. Almost like I left him speechless!!

Now, I don’t PVP a whole lot but I know my stuff. After reading everyone’s complaints about the coffee bypass being fixed there are two main things I’ve noticed:

a) Everyone claims this is “bad for new players” when new players don’t even have the pocket space or the money to keep up with the very expensive meta, since milk is $1,250 per and coffee is $1,500. Seeing how the meta was 2 milks, 1 coffee, repeat, a full rebuff (not even including armor) was $5,500 give or take depending on how you rebuffed.

Considering in a fight a fully buffed player could get dropped pretty quickly by an XM, they’d have to rebuff quite consistently to stand a chance.

Unless these players are being mentored by more experienced players and taught the basics on how to rebuff, how to build good bases (so they can farm money to provide for the buffs or straight up make them) etc., there is no way these people are going to compete in the meta regardless and the “bypass” is not going to help that in the slightest. I get your argument was regarding numbers, so now lets move onto the next thing I’ve noticed

b) “I cannot win outnumbered fights now or stand a fair chance.” My brother in Christ, you are NOT meant to have a fair chance in a 1v3/2v5 etc., in ANY PvP focused game. Not in WoW, not in CS:GO, LoL, Rust, and definitely not on this server. You ARE going to have a lesser chance of winning but you can, granted your chances are much slimmer on here than the other stated games because tactics aren’t as plentiful in on GMod and especially not in an open environment. If they are co-ordinated and can tase and XM you, isn’t that just the case of a group of players having good comms and outplaying you in that situation? Is that telling us that perhaps if anything, tasers should see some form of rework to make them less of a crutch? Not that I necessarily think tasers should see some massive rework, but with it being everyone’s comment it sure as hell seems that the bigger issue isn’t rebuffing but the current meta of zerging and taking targets down 1 by 1 with the use of tasers. No change to how buffing works is going to give you a chance to buff out of a situation like that because otherwise it’d be overtuned for other situations and lets face it, unless milk gave you 500hp, there is no way you’re outbuffing ~500 DPS x3. You shouldn’t be able to buff your way out of being XM’ed by 3+ guys to death, that’s stupid as hell.

Of course this is hard on newer players but that doesn’t stop you from raiding their base because they’re more than likely the only ones basing since not many people actively bases like they used to and again, this could be mitigated if you took in newer players and helped build them up.

At the end of the day, this is a GMod server. A roleplay server on a Half-Life 2 mod, and if a fix to an unintended mechanic is driving you away from the game then you’re taking it far too seriously and should find another game to farm your ego points up because realistically, who cares? Play for fun, stop treating every game as some competitive sweatfest when you can always just take it easy and laugh about it.

Edited by Flyxed
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Artistic 1
  • Intellergent 1

• 1 month later...