11/15/2018 - Update

aStonedPenguin

6 minutes ago, aStonedPenguin said:

Considering having just 9 other items in your pocket lowers the chance of losing it to about 6% I wouldn't worry about it too much.

For sure, a lot of people have full pockets and space upgrades

Just saying it’s bound to happen to someone sometime and they are bound to be pissed off lol.

Some anarchist got lucky and spent $0 on something that costs me days to earn, 

honestly if it would take 1 item from the shipment and drop it instead of the entire shipment I could probably get on board. I understand the unlikelihood, I just don’t like the idea of 10c4 being stolen from someone with absolutely 0 counterplay.

Edited by lucim
  • Agree 5

38 minutes ago, lucim said:

I just don’t like the idea of 10c4 being stolen from someone with absolutely 0 counterplay

suggest a counterplay in the suggestions section

"The pickpocket victim can kill the Anarchist and have the item they stole re-drop itself"

think of something and post it

Edited by sma$hy
  • Useful 3

I do not like the sound of the pickpocket update. It seems too easy to exploit and I will not be afking anymore knowing one big way it can be exploited.

If you are moved out of spawn by some force (PIMPSLAP) you are now a helpless victim when you are asleep or whatever and they have a bunch of time to pick your pockets clean. Just because it is disallowed in spawn does not mean you are safe while afking. This is gonna be annoying as it is and now I can't even afk on the server with the risk of waking up to nothing in my pockets. Been loving the updates recently, however this pickpocket update looking tough. Spam pick pocketed while being kidnapped also sounds like a nofunzone. Our pockets are meant to keep what we have spent time farming for safe. I do not wanna grind for hours and lose it all to some guy that got lucky on a pick pocket. Pockets keeping my items safe was one thing that I enjoyed about this server.

Only dropping things not in shipments out of our pockets would be okay. But if I have a shipment of something I grinded for then I do not wanna risk losing hours of my life from some lucky ass.

Edited by StreetLamp
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

8 hours ago, Renee said:

U better kidnap people wme

you better watch out

3 hours ago, StreetLamp said:

I do not like the sound of the pickpocket update. It seems too easy to exploit and I will not be afking anymore knowing one big way it can be exploited.

If you are moved out of spawn by some force (PIMPSLAP) you are now a helpless victim when you are asleep or whatever and they have a bunch of time to pick your pockets clean. Just because it is disallowed in spawn does not mean you are safe while afking. This is gonna be annoying as it is and now I can't even afk on the server with the risk of waking up to nothing in my pockets. Been loving the updates recently, however this pickpocket update looking tough. Spam pick pocketed while being kidnapped also sounds like a nofunzone. Our pockets are meant to keep what we have spent time farming for safe. I do not wanna grind for hours and lose it all to some guy that got lucky on a pick pocket. Pockets keeping my items safe was one thing that I enjoyed about this server.

Only dropping things not in shipments out of our pockets would be okay. But if I have a shipment of something I grinded for then I do not wanna risk losing hours of my life from some lucky ass.

just suicide before you d/c

6 hours ago, StreetLamp said:

Suiciding or trying to fall to your death THEN afking would work in your favor.

Edited by Snazzah
wow did i not fuckin see tight reply first? im a blind fucker

17 hours ago, lucim said:

For sure, a lot of people have full pockets and space upgrades

Just saying it’s bound to happen to someone sometime and they are bound to be pissed off lol.

Some anarchist got lucky and spent $0 on something that costs me days to earn, 

honestly if it would take 1 item from the shipment and drop it instead of the entire shipment I could probably get on board. I understand the unlikelihood, I just don’t like the idea of 10c4 being stolen from someone with absolutely 0 counterplay.

For the record, when I came on the server around 4pm EST, there was someone raging in ooc at someone else because a shipment of c4 was pickpocketed.  So, you weren't wrong.  Was pretty funny. 

As for counter play, the updates to the system seem like they help some.  If the shipment drops in front of the targeted player, there is also the chance reclaim it assuming your job will allow you to.  Not that I support stealing full shipments either.

I think Smashy has a point with having a system along the lines of allowing a victim a shot to redeem it.  It would need some tweaks.  Logically if you were to allow for a victim to kill someone and recover a lost item, you would have to ensure that the aggressor cannot drop said item till a predetermined time which would be the same window of time for recovery.

Though I don't like losing things, especially to a pay2win style job (which is the case as its exclusive to vip), I don't think this will cause as many problems as I at first predicted, especially with only 10% chance and multiple other limiters in play.

12 hours ago, Old Man Jokhah said:

For the record, when I came on the server around 4pm EST, there was someone raging in ooc at someone else because a shipment of c4 was pickpocketed.  So, you weren't wrong.  Was pretty funny. 

As for counter play, the updates to the system seem like they help some.  If the shipment drops in front of the targeted player, there is also the chance reclaim it assuming your job will allow you to.  Not that I support stealing full shipments either.

I think Smashy has a point with having a system along the lines of allowing a victim a shot to redeem it.  It would need some tweaks.  Logically if you were to allow for a victim to kill someone and recover a lost item, you would have to ensure that the aggressor cannot drop said item till a predetermined time which would be the same window of time for recovery.

Though I don't like losing things, especially to a pay2win style job (which is the case as its exclusive to vip), I don't think this will cause as many problems as I at first predicted, especially with only 10% chance and multiple other limiters in play.

Just fill your pocket with empty shipments. I have a 12 space inventory but im pretty sure the default count is (6?)

Here is an example: Let's say I have 1 full shipment of C4, 3 shipments of milk, and 8 empty shipments, making my pocket full. A player has a 20% chance to successfully pickpocket me, so the chances of an Anarchist successfully pickpocketing an item from me would look like this:
- 2% chance to lose the C4
- 5% chance to lose a ship of milk
- 13% chance to lose an empty shipment

If you play the odds correctly, you can really reduce the chance of losing something important. I think it's pretty OP still, but you can play it in your favor.

4 hours ago, Tight said:

Just fill your pocket with empty shipments. I have a 12 space inventory but im pretty sure the default count is (6?)

Here is an example: Let's say I have 1 full shipment of C4, 3 shipments of milk, and 8 empty shipments, making my pocket full. A player has a 20% chance to successfully pickpocket me, so the chances of an Anarchist successfully pickpocketing an item from me would look like this:

If you play the odds correctly, you can really reduce the chance of losing something important. I think it's pretty OP still, but you can play it in your favor.

you're out pulling out facts haha

10 hours ago, Tight said:

I think your math is off.  As of the update there is a 10% chance for it to occur, which is irrelevant because that only determines if the pocket was targeted.

If a pickpocket occurs using your 12 slot setup of: 1 C4, 3 Milk, 8 Empty, the % math would be...

C4: 8.33%
Milk: 25%
Empty: 66.66%

One the system has decided that your pocket is the target, an item WILL drop at that point.  It's not all of your pockets = 10%.  Pretty sure of that.

Alternative way to explain it.

It's not 10% of the pickpocket chance divided by your slots.   It's 10% chance to happen, which will then select one of your slots, assuming you have enough objects in the pocket to meet that limiter.

The two most surefire ways of avoiding a pickpocket from stealing your items, don't have more then a few items in your pocket, as if you have too few items it will not target your pocket.  Either that or just be really poor, which is another criteria of avoiding pickpockets.

I suppose if you wanted to compound the math with the % of it occuring as well, you'd just shift the decimal one to the right making it:

C4: .83%
Milk: 2.5%
Empty: 6.66%

Edited by Old Man Jokhah

2 hours ago, Old Man Jokhah said:

I think your math is off.  As of the update there is a 10% chance for it to occur, which is irrelevant because that only determines if the pocket was targeted.

If a pickpocket occurs using your 12 slot setup of: 1 C4, 3 Milk, 8 Empty, the % math would be...

C4: 8.33%
Milk: 25%
Empty: 66.66%

One the system has decided that your pocket is the target, an item WILL drop at that point.  It's not all of your pockets = 10%.  Pretty sure of that.

Alternative way to explain it.

It's not 10% of the pickpocket chance divided by your slots.   It's 10% chance to happen, which will then select one of your slots, assuming you have enough objects in the pocket to meet that limiter.

The two most surefire ways of avoiding a pickpocket from stealing your items, don't have more then a few items in your pocket, as if you have too few items it will not target your pocket.  Either that or just be really poor, which is another criteria of avoiding pickpockets.

I suppose if you wanted to compound the math with the % of it occuring as well, you'd just shift the decimal one to the right making it:

C4: .83%
Milk: 2.5%
Empty: 6.66%

ah i didn't know about the 10% update. sounds good. my math was correct if given the 20% chance but apparently it moved down to 10. I did already know about the 100% chance of SOME shipment dropping if the (now) 10% went through, and thats what I was basing my math off of

Edited by Tight