Forum Adjustments + Suggestions

Scott

yeet the CWRP training server so this big ass space doesn't look so odd?

alternatively, reduce the HxW of the overall box so that the 8th box can fit then rebound by boosting the font size of the text?

firefox_QocvTQyjcN.thumb.png.508902e23779ad92a3e26777d35e5e62.png

Edited by sza
  • Intellergent 1

1 hour ago, Cruel_Ashes said:

i found all of the colors to be more muted, flat and/or less contrast-like, was nice on the eyes. the dark greys and the bright white text are not doing my eyes favours but i guess that's more of a personal opinion so i'll leave it at that.

@Scott lacks the boomer eyes and I forgot to tone down all the whites.

I'm sure I missed a bunch more stuff but it should be a bit better now.

• Friendly 1

The numericals in the "# of Replies" circles are a little bit hard to see at least on my monitor. Penguin said he would increase the brightness but it would also be nice if the numbers were bolded maybe

firefox_c0x6b4ecEw.png.c11613048abfb6dc39de2574a1b890fa.png

Edited by sza

Change the unread replies begin here back to the old blue one instead of this one, I think the new one is easier to miss as it doesn’t stand out as much and looks a lot more like the spaces between the lines 

example of the new thing on mobile:

ED553589-EBA5-485F-89FE-869A715A9C2C.jpeg.f1011423209a8858765206053b555a9d.jpeg

10 hours ago, sza said:

@aStonedPenguin suggested doing this for the boxes of the three server sections:

firefox_rPVZT8Jrhh.png.4d249e1ff79f655771066a96efe9b033.png

so instead of each section having a total of 26 massive boxes, only the "Community" and "Staff" section would keep their boxes. Every other section would be condensed into a big "DarkRP Box" with sub forums, "CWRP Box" with sub forums, and "MilRP Box" with sub forums.

This would be much easier on the eyes, smaller resolutions, and this would also save time and money from commissioning an artist to create content for so many boxes.

11 hours ago, Cruel_Ashes said:

if you could add a "compact" option for all of the topics,

Compacting has been done, 1080 and other smaller resolutions will still need some tweaks though.

• Winner 2
  • Friendly 1

6 hours ago, Cruel_Ashes said:

not sure if you are aware yet, but the text in the search box can only be seen when highlighted:

a0fc78dcfa299c2fda5eb76eba4b755b.gif.63f701ce24c18ec901e16532db428fdc.gif

fixed

11 hours ago, biz said:

It should bold/unbold the name of a section (report center, ban appeals, discussion etc.) depending on if that section has unread posts/replies. Still does this on recent posts but should do it on the section headers

HilariousCrab.gif.f384095fcb906f9584cc137c0bafc3f3.gif

Read/unread indicators are already a thing.

It will be easier to see when we have artwork and those icons are gone.

Make popular posts jump to said popular post when you click on their name, instead of jumping to their profile. Or make a button to jump to the post.

This is useful when we have large threads, and in general to be honest.

Can we get thread statistics on staff applications too maybe? ❤️ 

29 minutes ago, PieforLife said:

Sometimes this happensimage.thumb.png.f37061427f17e9bd539c2202358c65c5.png

That's because I was dealing with this:

12 hours ago, sza said:

yeet the CWRP training server so this big ass space doesn't look so odd?

alternatively, reduce the HxW of the overall box so that the 8th box can fit then rebound by boosting the font size of the text?

firefox_QocvTQyjcN.thumb.png.508902e23779ad92a3e26777d35e5e62.png

1080/2k users have traded white space with us poor 4k users.

• Funny 1

Thank you for finally removing the human verification shit. I no longer have to do one for every two pages I click through on the bans list. 

• Winner 1

This is just me, but i would like to see the staff confidential stuff at the very top over community. It's weird having to scroll all the way down just to see the staff or DA+ stuff. This will be a nice quick change for staff peeps when they need to access their stuff.

Staff threads will go above the community category: This is how the old forums had it, so would be nice to still have it. 

7661eee521a8b2b408a1fa4114ef647d.thumb.png.39bb41cea63fe75a961e50f674a69ffc.png

We're going with stacked categories with heading images for each section. It should work fine on all popular mobile devices other than iPhone 12 Pro Max. The images are temporary until we get some replacements. 🙂

Allow users with 3k-5k+ forum posts to upload larger banner files/profile pictures. 

I'm not talking a lot more, but enough to make our profiles stand out, with higher quality banner gifs and higher quality profile pictures.

22 minutes ago, Vette said:

Allow users with 3k-5k+ forum posts to upload larger banner files/profile pictures. 

I'm not talking a lot more, but enough to make our profiles stand out, with higher quality banner gifs and higher quality profile pictures.

There's almost 50 profile pictures on the home page, that would melt peoples internet.

• Dumb 1

6 minutes ago, aStonedPenguin said:

There's almost 50 profile pictures on the home page, that would melt peoples internet.

Well about 15 as of right now would be included in that exclusive list of people.

Maybe you could implement a thumbnail type solution to avoid this being a problem for the homepage and other pages with small profile icons? 

Edited by Vette