[DarkRP] Rules Overhaul

aStonedPenguin

Rules have been completely redone. The purpose of this was to make the rules more understandable. Most rules are the same however there are some notable changes below. All staff should take a look even if you saw the draft.

Rules: https://superiorservers.co/darkrp/rules

DISCLAIMERS:

• DO NOT BE A DARKRP LAWYER
  • THESE CHANGES ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY, NOT FOR YOU TO ARGUE THE POSITION OF A COMMA.
  • If you find an issue bring it up here, DO NOT BE A DARKRP LAWYER
  • DO NOT BE A DARKRP LAWYER

Notes:

• Much like the previous rules the subtext examples are just examples not some master list (RULE 1 & RULE 9)

Main Changes:

• Mugs must specify who they're for
    • Use macros
  • You may now run for the next mayor vote if you switch off mayor
  • You may leave the raidzone to deal with any armed participant of the raid instead of just the defenders
    • This really only matters if say a random raider decides to join in, this is likely how most people would have treated it anyway
  • You may now be killed for carrying someone with a hit

10 Second Warnings:

• Clearly defined at the top of the rules now
    • Additional requirements are listed where appropriate, for example under the mugs section
  • All 10 second warnings are hostile intent if they mention no name or mention your name
    • Except government unless they threaten an illegal action. In other words demote warnings will not get your KOS'd

Hostile Intent:

• Premature kills are no longer allowed
    •  While mildly annoying locking rules and gameplay mechanics behind shadowplay is unacceptable. These situations almost exclusively end up on the forums anyway.
  • Clearly defined at the top of the rules now
  • Threatening to do hostile intent in chat is now hostile intent itself

Basing/Building Changes:

• Checkpoints must not only have a clear path to walk through now but must follow the other basing rules regarding being clear and concise
  • Roleplay bases are totally exempt from 5 shoulder length rule
    • Rules regarding blocking the streets/sidewalks still apply
  • Number of fading doors allowed in bases has changed
    • Pictures:
    • "You must not have to use more than 3 fading doors to access your entire base and its contents."
    • The spirit of the old rule still applies

Meme:

• You may no longer camp the mayors office during grace if they're a female
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 7
  • Friendly 3
  • Useful 1

I don't understand the fading door thing.

@aStonedPenguin Thanks for the picture, I was kinda confused at first

Edited by Kredorish

does the hostile intent in chat only apply to voice chat?

nvm, it's only in text chat

Edited by Kredorish

Prop blocking, climbing, griefing and minging are not allowed.

Wasn't griefing just made allowed recently? Or is this like building props on other people's stuff kind of thing?

Just now, Danny Reinheld said:

Wasn't griefing just made allowed recently? Or is this like building props on other people's stuff kind of thing?

griefing was allowed, looks like it's not once again

I don't believe Food and Drinks should be considered a raidable. That is one of the most pointless things to raid for.

It can and probably will be abused to raid RP bases, considering that would void the RP Base sign.

Edited by LifefulNight
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Particles said:

Where tf did he get my MS paint drawing I did of that. He wasn’t even in the TS channel where I made it

I sent him it for the darkrp lawyers out there.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, aStonedPenguin said:
  • Number of fading doors allowed in bases has changed
    • Here's a picture
    • "You must not have to use more than 3 fading doors to access your entire base or its contents."
    • The spirit of the old rule still applies

Still just a little confused on this, if I think I’m reading it right a base can contain 6 fading doors so long as it only takes 3 to reach the raidables?

Just now, sleepdeprived said:

Still just a little confused on this, if I think I’m reading it right a base can contain 6 fading doors so long as it only takes 3 to reach the raidables?

If a base has numerous entrances; you can have multiple fades to get to the raidables (multiple entrenches) . It has to have a 3 max fading doors for radiables however.

1 minute ago, sleepdeprived said:

You must be able to access the entire base and its contents by using no more than 3 fading doors.

For example you can make an exit now if you want.

• Winner 1
  • Zing 2
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, sleepdeprived said:

Any x amount as long as it only takes 3 to reach the raidables and the entire base.

2 minutes ago, LifefulNight said:

Whats a DarkRP Lawyer?

it's when people take a rule and break it down to the very atom. keep it simple and as its read and don't over think it.

Edited by Kredorish
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Cruel_Ashes said:

having all the sections now hidden in spoilers makes ctrl+f'ing for certain things or quotes quite annoying i must say. perhaps a toggle to open them all?

I think the beginning sections are hidden in spoilers so that it doesn't get overcomplicated, like the last ruleset. I do agree about how the FAQ should stay unspoilered though

6 minutes ago, Cruel_Ashes said:

having all the sections now hidden in spoilers makes ctrl+f'ing for certain things or quotes quite annoying i must say. perhaps a toggle to open them all?

I'll add an expand all button later.

It's much easier to get an overview with them.

• Friendly 1
  • Artistic 1

53 minutes ago, Koala said:

penguin shouted at me over multiple days regarding the rules

please be nice... i'm already traumatised

tired-exhausted.gif

Koala turning up for another shift looking through rules only for them all to be added again

• Dumb 1